You can read about me below, then contact me by clicking on Enquire and filling in the form. I will get this within a minute but may not be able to respond if I am with other clients. Please allow me 24 hours to come back to you.
Why I became a practitioner
I practiced Natal Hypnotherapy for both of my births and had two wonderful and positive experiences. I realised that at the same time my babies were born, so was my passion for educating and empowering women to have the most positive and natural births they could. I want to help women have the same experiences I did. So much so, that I have changed my career to become a Natal Hypnotherapy practitioner.
Im really committed to breaking down misconceptions about birth. I want to help build women's inner trust and confidence so that they can naturally and instinctively birth their babies. Im also very passionate about supporting birth partners, so that they can go into the labour room feeling confident and well prepared.
My core beliefs surrounding pregnancy and birth
Every womans pregnancy and labour is different, but what connects them all are deep-rooted primal needs. Giving birth is the most natural thing a woman can do - her body knows exactly how to go through the motions of birth, but her mind can sometimes interfere with the process.
By understanding how her body is behaving during labour, women are able to feel more prepared, more confident and can calm their minds to trust their birthing bodies.
The act of birth is incredible, and Im a firm believer that birth partners play a significant role in the outcome. A tense, nervous and clueless birth partner will give off fear and anxiety, and birthing women are very impressionable. So its important that as well as empowering and educating women, we do the same for birthing partners.
I believe that hypnobirthing is beneficial to all pregnant women and their partners and that a positive birthing experience is possible for everyone.
My experience of working with pregnant women and my personal experience of Natal Hypnotherapy
I took this course with my husband when pregnant with both of our children. It gave me a focus and a confidence to listen to my birthing body and allow it do what it needed to do, naturally. It also gave my husband a role and meant that he became a hugely important part of my births, as he knew exactly how to support me through it.
I had two water births - my first on the birthing suite at Bolton Hospital, using just gas and air, and my second was at home with no pain relief at all. I used various hypnobirthing techniques including breathing, visualisations and affirmations and my husband helped me to relax with spoken cues and by protecting my birthing environment.
Feedback from my classes
- I am so glad we took the course, it has really helped to alter my mind set and approach to birth
- The videos of women using the techniques while giving birth were also so inspiring and really helped change my perspective of how the experience needs to be!
- The techniques we learnt with Sarah in a short period of time will be such an enormous help before and during the birth.
- Sarah was fantastic and we learnt an awful lot about the birthing process.
- Sarah was very easy to get along with and explained all aspects of the course in simple terms. She made us both feel very relaxed and we were able to ask any questions freely.
- A brilliant course. We are glad that we did it and feel very relaxed and prepared for the birth of our baby.
- Fantastic course, lots of great information and techniques, which when all put together, leaves a very positive and empowered feeling...a great way to go into labour!
My related qualifications & Associations
Licensed Natal Hypnotherapy Practitioner